You had a pretty good 2015. Maybe you took a great trip, saw an awesome concert, or added a new member to your family. You had plenty of gatherings for holidays with family and friends. Maybe you even took part in a big charity event. But when it comes time to find pictures to put on your holiday cards, you can’t find even one good photograph of yourself, because you just don’t like your smile. Maybe it’s not straight enough or white enough, or maybe there are some gaps between the teeth that upset you. Whatever the problem, Fort Worth Cosmetic and Family Dentistry has your solution. Stop hating your smile and start the new year with a smile makeover you will love!
What Is a Smile Makeover?
If you are unhappy with your smile, or looking to improve upon your overall appearance, a smile makeover may be for you. Dr. Green and Dr. Leedy can take two or more cosmetic dental services and combine them to turn your smile into a thing of beauty. Smile makeovers are a fantastic alternative to plastic surgery, as they are less invasive and usually cost significantly less. And you will notice the results right away.
To begin the smile makeover process, go to the Fort Worth Cosmetic and Family Dentistry website and complete the Smile Analysis page. The series of yes or no questions about your smile will help the doctors know what you hope to achieve with a smile makeover. When you are done with the analysis, call us for your complimentary cosmetic consultation.
During the consultation, the doctor will discuss with you which features you like and dislike about your smile. You will have a thorough exam, during which the doctor will take note of any dental imperfections, such as teeth that are crooked, missing, or stained. From the examination results, the doctor will create a treatment plan that is best suited to your appearance goals and budget. We will take digital images of your mouth and jaw, to create a wax model on which the doctor will mock up treatments, This will give you a preview of the potential results and allow the doctor to confirm that treatment will allow for proper occlusion. You will be an active participant through the whole process, giving feedback and asking any questions that may arise.
Services Offered for a Smile Makeover
We offer many different cosmetic dentistry treatments that may be included in your smile makeover. You will work closely with the doctor to determine which procedures best fit into your treatment plan. A few of the services available to you are:
- Porcelain Veneers – Veneers correct teeth that are chipped, discolored, or irregularly shaped. They are also good for closing gaps between teeth and correcting misalignments. Veneers are custom-made ceramic shells bonded to the front of your most visible teeth. The doctor will use digital images to create a wearable mockup of your veneers, so you can actually try them on and see how they would improve your smile. When your permanent veneers are bonded in place, they will last for 15-20 years or longer.
- Whitening – At Fort Worth Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we use Zoom! Whitening treatment. This proven system consists of a strong but safe bleaching gel containing hydrogen peroxide. The gel is light activated and can brighten your teeth up to 10 shades in just one visit. The doctor will even provide you with a take-home kit for maintaining that dazzling white smile.
- Dental Bonding – For this treatment, a tooth-colored resin is applied to repair chips in your teeth, cover stains, or close gaps between teeth. The resin can be tinted to match your natural tooth color and is hardened under a curing light after applied. A relatively quick procedure, bonding typically takes less than an hour and usually does not require any type of anesthesia.
- Crowns and Bridges – The doctors use crowns to reinforce teeth that suffer from severe decay or fractures. They use bridges to fill in the empty spaces left behind by one or more missing teeth. A bridge consists of a dental prosthetic held in place by two crowns placed over healthy natural teeth. Crowns and bridges are made from several different materials, but the doctors often recommend porcelain, because it is the most natural looking. Using CEREC technology, we can even create and place your permanent crown right in our office, in just one visit.
- Dental Implants – The doctors can attach a crown, bridge, or denture to dental implants. These tiny titanium posts are surgically placed in the jawbone to replace tooth roots. Implants fuse with the bone, which anchors them securely in place, allowing for stable, secure dental prosthetics.
- Invisalign – A revolution in orthodontics, Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners to gently guide misaligned teeth into place. Unlike traditional braces, there are no brackets or wires, and the aligners are removable for eating and cleaning your teeth. Invisalign treatment is usually much quicker than traditional braces, with most patients wearing them for 12-18 months.
By combining two or more of these procedures, Dr. Green and Dr. Leedy can help you start off the new year with a spectacular smile!
Call Us for a Consultation
When you are ready to begin the smile makeover process, call our Ft. Worth dental office at (817) 737-6601 and schedule a consultation with one of the doctors.