Who has the most attractive smile you’ve seen? Is it a friend or relative? Maybe a movie star or model? People notice a great smile, and those with beautiful smiles feel confident in their appearance. Research tells us that we tend to notice a new acquaintance’s eyes and smile before anything else, and from that, we form an opinion of the person. According to an Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry poll, folks with a gorgeous smile are considered more intelligent, successful, and friendly than those with a so-so or unappealing smile.
If you’re ready for a smile that turns heads and makes you feel awesome, take the quiz below, and give Ft. Worth cosmetic dentist Dr. Nikki Green a call at 817-737-6601.
The Smile Quiz
What would your ideal smile look like? Let’s discover your amazing smile! The following quiz will help you determine what attributes you’d like to see in your own smile, and which cosmetic dental treatments could make your dream smile a reality.
Before we begin, grab a mirror or look at a photo of yourself smiling.
- COLOR: What shade would you say best describes your teeth?
- Bright white
- Barely off white
2) Barely off white is the shade we shoot for in cosmetic dentistry. Tooth enamel is naturally an off-white shade, but as enamel is subjected to elements over time, it stains. Teeth that appear yellowish, bluish, brownish, grayish, or otherwise too far from true white may benefit from teeth whitening. Bright white teeth are often associated with beauty pageants and can look unnatural, so finding the perfect hue for your pearly whites is ideal. Dr. Green can help you determine the extent of teeth whitening to bring out your smile’s best shade of white.
- SPACING: How would you describe the spaces between your front teeth?
- Wide between the front two
- Pretty widely spaced
- No space at all
- A thin line of space between
- My teeth overlapping
3) No space at all or 4) A thin line of space between are the best situations. Uneven or wide spaces, or overlapping teeth, are not optimal for aesthetics. Dr. Green offers veneers, bonding, and crowns to correct wide spacing, and orthodontics can address wide or crowded spacing.
- COMPLETENESS: Are you missing teeth?
- Only in the back; you can’t tell when I smile
- Yes, right in the front
1) No missing teeth should be the answer. If you are missing any teeth, even back teeth that do not show when you smile, they should be replaced. Missing teeth cause stress on remaining teeth, so they may wear out and fail. Also, spaces left by missing teeth promote drifting, which involves remaining teeth shifting toward the space. This alters occlusion and can completely change the spacing of teeth that show when you smile.
- BITE: When your upper and lower arches are touching (mouth closed, lips open), how do your top teeth fit in relation to the lower ones?
- The upper teeth barely overlap the bottom teeth
- The upper teeth protrude, and there’s a good sized space between them and my bottom teeth
- The upper teeth don’t touch the bottom ones in front; they arch up in the middle
- The upper teeth sit a bit to the side on the bottom ones, not completely straight
- The upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth; my lower teeth protrude past my upper teeth
For answers to this and the remaining questions, schedule a consultation with Dr. Green today! Call 817-737-6601.
- HEIGHT: Which description best suits your smile, when you smile naturally?
- Only my top teeth show
- My top and bottom teeth show
- GUM LINE: How would you describe the look of your gums on your top teeth?
- My teeth look short, the gums are quite bulky
- My gums are uneven across my top front teeth
- Fine – I’ve never really noticed my gums
- LIP LINE: Smiling naturally, where does your upper lip fall on your top teeth?
- A lot of my gums show when I smile
- Sometimes you can see a bit of my top gums, but it looks fine
- Only the bottom half of my top teeth show when I smile
- OVERALL BALANCE: Looking at your full face, which description best suits your smile, in relation to your other facial features?
- My smile seems the right size, compared to my eyes, nose, and cheeks
- My smile seems small, compared to my eyes, nose, and cheeks
- My smile seems huge, compared to my eyes, nose, and cheeks
Schedule Your Cosmetic Dentistry Consultaiton Now
If you’re ready to claim your amazing smile with a few cosmetic procedures or a complete smile makeover, call our Fort Worth dental office today at 817-737-6601 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Nikki Green. Located in the Ridgmar Mall area off I-30 and 377/Camp Bowie, our office caters to patients of all ages and from all walks of life. We’re ready to give you a reason to smile!